Microneedling/Vampire Facial Post Treatment Instructions
- You should expect skin to be red and/or swollen between 1-4 days. For most, this usually subsides between 24-48 hours. You may experience redness, peeling, and flaking of the skin for 1-2 days after the treatment. Your recovery time will be influenced by how aggressive a treatment you’ve received and your individual skin’s response.
- The first few days after treatment your skin will feel dry and tight. Frequent application of moisturizer is encouraged.
- Sun Exposure: Avoid direct sun for 3-5 days.
- Sunscreen is mandatory. If outside, sunscreen (SPF 35 or higher) should be reapplied every 2 hours. Physical sunscreen (contains zinc oxide and/or titanium dioxide) is recommended.
- Avoid facials, waxing, or laser treatments for at least 2 weeks.
- Avoid exercise or swimming for at least 24 hours.
- No exfoliating products, such as Vitamin C, Retin-A/Tretinoin, Astringents, Acids or products containing alcohol/frangrance for 3 days. You may resume 5 days after treatment.
- No make up for 24 hours.
- Wash treated area with tepid water and gentle cleanser for 3 days post treatment. Do NOT use cleansers that contain Salicylic Acid, Glycolic Acid, or Benzoyl Peroxide. These can irritate the skin.
- Do NOT use washcloths for 5 days after treatment. This may also irritate your skin.
- Do NOT pick at skin.
- A series of 6 monthly treatments is recommended to give the skin a firmer more overall refreshed appearance.