Pico Genesis Post-Treatment
- You may experience raw, peeling skin for several days after the procedure. When the peeling has stopped, you can use oil-free makeup to disguise the redness of your skin.
- Immediately after treatment, you may apply cold air or an ice pack for a short time.
- Most patients experience mild redness and swelling immediately following the treatment. These side effects are temporary and typically resolve in several hours. Over the course of a few days, the treated sun spots and freckles will become darker and flake off as they heal, revealing a new, even complexion.
- Although you may experience mild redness and swelling for a few hours following the treatment, you can expect to return to your regular activities immediately following the treatment.
- Some patients who have sensitive skin may experience a histamine response from the treatment. This presents as small, white, itchy bumps on the skin the day after treatment. The response is temporary and can be relieved by using an over the counter antihistamine, such as Claritin or Benadryl. You may also apply Hydrocortisone cream.
- Avoid direct sun exposure for 2-4 weeks and use a broad spectrum (UVA/UVB) sunscreen (35 or higher) to prevent further sun damage. After treatment, the skin is more sensitive to sun exposure and can easily become damaged or develop dark spots if not adequately protected from the sun. Remember to reapply every 2-3 hours. If needed, wear a hat to shade your face and provide additional protection.
- Avoid heat, such as hot tubs, saunas, etc. for 1-2 days.
- Avoid skin irritants for a few days post-treatment. Products containing tretinoin, retinol, benzoyl peroxide, glycolic/salicylic acids, astringents, etc. should be avoided.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS, PLEASE CONTACT US IMMEDIATELY AT (661) 847-9920.