Laser Hair Removal Post-Treatment
- Redness & Bumps are normal. Immediately after your treatment, redness & bumps at the treatment area are common; these may last up to 2 hours or longer. It is normal for the treated area to feel like a sunburn for a few hours. You can use a cold compress, aloe vera gel, or hydrocortisone 1% cream if the sensitivity continues.
- Avoid exercise and hot showers for at least 24 hours. Excessive heat can lead to irritation.
- Cleanse the area treated gently. The treated area may be washed gently with a mild soap. Skin should be patted dry & not rubbed during the first 48 hours.
- No makeup/lotion/moisturizer/deodorant for the first 24 hours. Keep the treated area clean & dry, if further redness or irritation persists, skip your makeup & moisturizer, & deodorant (for underarms) until the irritation has subsided.
- Dead hairs will begin to shed 5-30 days after your treatment. Stubble, representing dead hair being shed from the hair follicle, will appear within 5-30 days from the treatment date and will fall out quickly. It is not new hair growth, but the dead hair pushing its way out of the follicle. Exfoliate to speed up hair shedding. You can help the hair come out by washing with a washcloth or shaving.
- Avoid the sun. Avoid sun exposure to reduce the chance of dark or light spots. Use sunscreen (SPF 35 or higher) at all times throughout the treatment period & for 1-2 months following.
- Do not pick/scratch/wax/thread/tweeze the area for at least 4 weeks prior to your session. Avoid picking or scratching the treated skin. Do not use any other hair removal methods or products, other than shaving, on the treated area during the course of your laser treatments. It can prevent you from achieving the best results.
- Hair growth varies. On average, most will experience a significant reduction of hair growth after 6-9 sessions.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS, PLEASE CONTACT US IMMEDIATELY AT (661) 847-9920.