Tattoo Removal Post-Treatment
Laser Tattoo Removal Post Treatment Instructions
- Immediately after treatment, there may be “frosting” on the area that is treated. Redness and swelling is typical. Pinpoint bleeding may also occur. A cool compress may be applied and Tylenol is recommended for discomfort.
- After tattoo removal, using an ointment like hydrocortisone cream will help to reduce inflammation and itchiness. Vitamin E Oil can also heal damaged skin cells. You can find these post tattoo removal ointments right at your local pharmacy.
- The treated area should be cared for delicately until healing is complete and care should be taken to avoid trauma to the area for the first 7 days after treatment.
- Clean treated area daily allowing water or shower to run over the wound and then pat the area dry.
- Apply Aquaphor ointment to wound area 2-3 times a day. Keep the area moist, and let the scab fall off on its own.
- Cover the treated area with a nonstick Telfa gauze pad (after Aquaphor is applied) until the wound is healed.
- Do NOT pick, peel, rub, scrub, or scratch at the skin in the treatment area throughout the healing process. If crusting occurs, do not shave or pick area.
- Blisters and scabs can be a normal response to tattoo removal. It is important to not pop or pick at them. If the blister pops on its own, keep the skin over it covered with a healing ointment and gauze to promote healing and prevent scarring.
- No swimming or using hot tubs/whirlpools until the wound heals. Showers are ok.
- Physical exercise that causes perspiration should be discontinued for at least 2-7 days after treatment as excessive perspiration may disrupt the healing process.
- Avoid sun exposure. Use sunscreen (SPF 35 or higher) with zinc oxide and reapply every 2 hours when outside.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS, PLEASE CONTACT US IMMEDIATELY AT (661) 847-9920.