Pico FX Post-Treatment
- Immediately after treatment, you may apply cold air or an ice pack for a short time.
- You should keep the treated area out of the sun and/or apply sunscreen for protection.
- Apply a light layer of Aquaphor for 3 days or until redness and discomfort subsides. Wash face twice per day with gentle cleanser.
- Most patients experience mild to moderate redness and swelling immediately following the treatment. These side effects are temporary and typically resolve within 3-5 days.
- Some patients who have sensitive skin may experience a histamine response from the treatment. This presents as small, white, itchy bumps on the skin the day after treatment. The response is temporary lasting 3-5 days and can be relieved by using an over the counter antihistamine, such as Claritin or Benadryl. You may also apply Hydrocortisone cream.
- You may experience raw, peeling skin for several days after the procedure. When the peeling has stopped, you can use oil-free makeup to disguise the redness of your skin.
- Avoid direct sun exposure and use a broad spectrum (UVA/UVB) sunscreen (35 or higher) to prevent further sun damage.
- Avoid heat, such as hot tubs, saunas, etc. for 1-2 days. Avoid exercise for 1-2 days. Elevated body temperature can cause skin irritation.
- Avoid skin irritants for 3 days post-treatment. Products containing tretinoin, retinol, benzoyl peroxide, glycolic/salicylic acids, astringents, etc. should be avoided
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS, PLEASE CONTACT US IMMEDIATELY AT (661) 847-9920.