Wrinkle Relaxer Post-Treatment
Wrinkle Relaxer (Neurotoxins) Post Treatment Instructions
- Do not massage or apply pressure on the treated area for 6-8 hrs after treatment since Botox may migrate to areas of undesirable effectiveness.
- Do not lie down for 2 hours after treatment. Also do not lean forward, shower, cook over a hot stove.
- Avoid yoga or other rigorous exercise activities, extensive sun or heat exposure, and alcoholic beverages for the 1st 24 hours after treatment. This may cause temporary redness, swelling, and/or itching at the sites of the injection.
- Avoid facials and saunas for 24 hours after treatment since this will decrease the chance of your blood pressure rising and thus decrease the chance of minor and temporary bruising.
- Headaches are common. Botox is even used to treat headaches. However, if you have a headache we recommend you avoid aspirin or aspirin containing products. You may opt instead to use Motrin, Tylenol, and/or cool compresses. If headaches continue or worsen, contact your physician.
- Avoid taking Advil, Vitamin E, Ginger, Ginko, Bilboa, Ginseng, and Garlic for 2 weeks since this may increase the risk of bruising. You may shower and do most other regular daily activities.
- Note that any bumps or marks will go away within a few hours. If you do develop a bruise it will resolve in about a week. There is occasionally some mild pain, swelling, itching, or redness at the site of injection similar to most other injections. Redness may last for 1-2 days, rarely longer. You may apply cold compresses or acetaminophen (Tylenol) to reduce swelling or discomfort.
- Results of your treatment may take up to 14 days to take full effect although many people will recognize the benefits in 3-5 days after treatment.
- In most people the benefits of wrinkle relaxer last about 3-4 months. Sometimes a few wrinkles may start to return in 2-3months.
- Makeup: It is recommended that you wait 12 hours after the treatment before applying make-up.
- Cold compresses may be used 10 minutes on 10 minutes off to reduce swelling 2-3x per day during the 1st 1-2 days if needed.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS, PLEASE CONTACT US IMMEDIATELY AT (661) 847-9920.